Welcome to Medical Claims Assistance
Mon – Fri
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
We Strive to Exceed Your Expectations. Though we’re solely dedicated to the EMS industry, we are much more than just a billing service. Our clients depend on us to oversee and advise them on governmental…
MCA is a ground breaking pioneer in billing for Emergency Medical Services! Your introduction to our company will be slightly different from the usual. Yes, we have over 150 clients, over 50 employees, our own…
How We Began… Tara Hardwick, President and founder of MCA, was introduced to the EMS industry when asked to write the first ambulance software with electronic billing capabilities in 1986. Her background involved monitoring employee…
At MCA maximizing EMS Reimbursement means everything to us, it’s what we do.
Why MCA EMS Billing?
Three Stage Processing
- An Upfront specialist for insurance and address verifications.
- A Processing specialist for coding and billing claims.
- An Auditing specialist for billing follow-up.
- Data exchange between EMS and major hospitals.
- Electronic state reporting submission. Electronic storage for patient care reports.
- On site IT resources for your convenience.
- Manages all contract issues between EMS service and carriers.
- Responsible for provider enrollment for all carriers.
- Configures EFT (electronic funds transfer) to your local banking branch.
HIPPA Compliance Officer
- To ensure that billing staff is trained properly for government rules and regulations.
- Monitors all billing procedures to ensure compliance.
Frequently asked question.
Q: When switching from our current billing company to MCA will there be a delay or a loss in revenue during the transitional period?
A: Delays are possible but not common. Initially you will issue a cut off date on the existing contract with your current billing provider and a start date with MCA. Prior to the new start date our Provider Relations department will contact you to begin the process of changing provider addresses, setting up electronic funds transfers (EFT) for supporting carriers, and building out your billing database/FTP setup. From the MCA start date forward all new claims will be billed by MCA and revenue collection will remain constant.
Q: How do we submit records to MCA for billing?
A: MCA provided ePCR software (ESO Solutions)…other, industry-standard ePCR software packages…electronic submission of scanned paper records via FTP server…fax…standard mail.
Q: Do you support soft billing?
A: Yes. We offer a variety of options…from statement cycles to custom adjustments. Please contact us for details to best suit your needs and requirements. firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: Can we bill for no-transports?
A: Yes. Historically we find that billing for no-transports typically does not result in significant reimbursement but it helps to weed out ambulance service abuse. We can offer suggestions on an appropriate fee schedule upon request.
Q: Does MCA offer any electronic patient care reporting solution?
A: Yes, we bundle our billing service with ESO Solution’s software suite. ESO has established itself as the industry leader in Electronic Patient Care Reporting. Read more about ESO here: http://esosolutions.com/software